Sunday, August 18, 2013

Time Triune


Sometimes when I look into my past, I wonder if I would have entered into it willingly if I had known ahead of time what lie before me. I think the Lord keeps us from knowing too much ahead of time, in order to protect us and keep us from fearing dangers that we will encounter.

When I look at my past, I can imagine no other life. The ups and the downs. The moments of pure joy and exhilaration, the moments of deep, heart-wrenching pain and sadness. When I think about the future, I imagine more of the same, but I cannot tell what lies around the corner, nor can I predict when my path will end.

The time I have been granted, given freely, as a precious gift of treasured worth and value, is too often taken lightly and forgotten as the gift it is. I am seeking to race ahead, thinking about the future, worrying about tomorrow and forgetting about today. The constant strife of humanity, seeing the past, living in the present, and thinking about the future. Difficult to balance this time triune well.

I wrestle with God, and he wrestles back. He cannot leave me where I am, and he has already changed me from hence I came. My journey is in motion. I pray I travel well.

-SJW

21/7/2013

No comments: