Saturday, July 31, 2010

Sorrow and Sadness Despite the Joy - part #3


Later in the evening, well after the party had ended, as I was returning to my home, I met one of my friends whom attended the party but left before the food was served. I expressed my thankfulness and sorrow to him, that he would walk 4 miles round trip to join the celebration, yet left without food or water. He graciously told me it was not because of the delay in food that he left, but for other reasons he needed to return. He also graciously spoke of how delays happen all the time, and how most people whom left before eating were not resentful or disappointed, but thankful for their inclusion in the celebration. I only wish they could have been included in the feast.

My friends, my family, I want you all to join in the feast – the everlasting celebration that is promised to those that place their trust in God. I will always fall short in my love and appreciation of you, and no matter how hard I try, I will never be able to love you as fully and completely as I desire. I am a Christian, but my actions are not always Christ-like. If I can do nothing else to show you my love, if I fail in all other efforts, the greatest thing I can do is to point you to the love of Christ. He will not fail you. His promise of celebration and feasting is beyond our expectations, and He will not disappoint. If you trust in him, and believe that he sent his son Jesus to live and die for you – then no matter what your present circumstances, you will someday enter into a celebration in which you will not leave hungry or thirsty but will be overflowing with deep, ever-lasting joy.

No comments: