Monday, September 22, 2008

I Cry Out


Everett, Washington
Volume 3, Issue 25
September 19, 2008

-I Cry Out-
…I lift my hands…

Each day I am reminded this place, earth, is not my home. Every day is full of blessing, full of curse. What part do I play? Tonight I mourn for injustice. I cry for the forsaken. I weep for the lost. I lift my hands up to him, my rock and my salvation.

The hearts of the people
cry out to the Lord.
O wall of the Daughter of Zion,
let your tears flow like a river
day and night;
give yourself no relief,
your eyes no rest.

Arise, cry out in the night,
as the watches of the night begin;
pour out your heart like water
in the presence of the Lord.
Lift up your hands to him
for the lives of your children,
who faint from hunger
at the head of every street.


Lamentations 2:18-19

No comments: