Monday, September 29, 2008

ALWAYS & EVERYTHING


I’ve been to two churches in the past 24 hours, one on Saturday night and one on Sunday morning. This has become my custom since moving to Everett, WA. As I desperately seek to grow community and relationship in my own life, I flee towards churches, hoping to establish a support of Christian camaraderie to challenge and encourage.

There was a large missions fair today at one of the churches – a time to celebrate what God is doing around the world. There were multitudes of people on hand to inform others of opportunities locally and abroad to invest in Christ’s Kingdom. Amidst the multitude of displays there was music, dancing, and food. I even got to eat sambay (cassava leaves)!!

Both sermons this weekend spoke of finances – a very relative topic today in American society. As I venture on with my support raising process to return to Africa I am all too well aware of finances. I find myself thinking about money much more than I would like, but God has continually been reminding me that he is control of EVERYTHING.

It is comforting to know that God is with me ALWAYS and has taken care of EVERYTHING. I need to focus less on the details and focus more on the big picture.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Leslie Nordyke said I should check out your blog. I am a missionary in Lima Peru. I've been here about 3 months. It sounds like you are planning to return to Uganda but are in Wa right now. Let me know if I can pray for you about anything. Take care. If you would like to check out my blog it is lovelymessenger.blogspot.com. Take care, Courtney Rose