Friday, March 28, 2014

A little taste of African text...


Here I am, back in Uganda. After several flights, delays, little sleep, and several movies watched on the planes, I am back in Africa. Despite feeling extremely tired and worn from jet-lag, I am happy to be back.

I applied for my visa yesterday morning at the South Sudan embassy in Kampala, and because of recent changes I was told I would not receive my visa before my flight to Mundri, South Sudan on Tuesday, April 1. After much pleading on my part, the workers at the embassy eventually agreed to try to have my visa ready by 3 pm Monday. Let us hope and pray!

In honor of being back in Africa, I wanted to post some text messages I've received over the past four months. I've received many (100s!), so I will post starting with some of the ones I received since being back in Africa over the past 36 hours, and then a sample of some of the ones I first received after leaving Africa in November, 2013. I'll post some of the other months of messages in a future posting.

Enjoy the deciphering process! They are typed exactly as they were written.

03/27/2014
From: NM

Thank God my bro u r welcome, i am happy that u r safe from ur long journey though u stil have some distance to travel but not much now fill at home bro this Africa again. Majira n e

3/27/2014
From: LU

Nice nice we've been long waiting! God willingly  we shall see one another.wormlywelcome. Lm k& fmly u.byee sebo

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
11/19/2013
FROM: JKCGB

this is john commando i love you and a i appreciate you

11/24/2013
FROM: AM

dear scott miss u for long time hw u and yr family its not enough for us com by sms plse could we schedule time to com by skype. u ll get on

11/25/2013
FROM: GU

Greatly missed here just to remind u that marriage is part of human life though it needs personal decisions,choice n preparedness ve agreat day here abt 8,00pm! Gb kabwohe

11/25/2013
FROM: BL

Hello! Brother I greeting to you in our Lord Jesus charist! I hope you are well. Missing you 2 and all my Friends in USA. Iam now in malakal, the place

11/26/2013
FROM: RD

Thank you brother scott j I got your message GOD bless them for prayer for me and my family now MUNDRI is very hot say my hello to your family and your Fridays see you coming year soon RD LAOVE ALL OF YOU

11/28/2013
FROM: JKCGB

Hi scott will is john commando from mundri I greatings all of your families there in uas hi scott i miss you for long time also you dont whant to call tahnks for reading i love and i appreciate you dont for get my name is called 5o cent and john cena

11/28/2013
FROM: SG

thank you scot i got your message for two times now.i had already established net ball with a lot of players but our problem we had only one ball that you gave what can be done thanks stephen g martin


11/28/2013
FROM: W

Thank very much for the love that God cares for those who believe in him may this day will be the day of blessing for every on iam thankful for that day and my great thanks for all the family thanks a lot…..# w M

11/29/2013
FROM: JCM

hello ! mush greeting to you and all your family. We need you to comebalck angrl to south sudan. GOD bless USA and ss all over the WOULD. Thankful by CAMK %

11/29/2013
FROM: CNBGO

Thank you very much for remembering me during this thanksgiving moment in  U.S.A. as your dear friend.May the Almighty God Bless and potect you in all

11/29/2013
FROM: RD

HI brother thank you you meet with stward send my greetings to your Fridays when you come back to MUNDRI coming year you bring me good watch from U S A I prayer for you RD LOVE YOU

11/29/2013
FROM: JKCGB

Hi scott will this is john kaya.i seen our pawpaws tree was eaten by goats. also i have eat the pawpaw but two days  ago when i was at school some one taken the pawpaw. If i found person who was taken the pawpaw i will kick but has you told me if the some one makes bad thing to you. you havd forgive to him has jesus forgive us. thanks for reading.


No comments: