Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Birthday Celebrations With Family...

I had the privilege and joy of celebrating the 1 year birthday of Loice. She is the daughter of my friend, and younger brother, Makons. This family has really welcomed me into their lives and they have become part of mine. I see them almost every day, and almost every night two of Makons older cousins come to visit me (at least they say they are coming to visit me, I think they really just want to watch videos!).

I had the honor of making the birthday cake for Loice. The idea of a birthday cake is not common around here, so it took a lot of explaining to help people understand why I made the cake and why I was putting a candle on top of it. After several rounds of me singing 'happy birthday to you..." people were starting to catch on.

Loice, Makons, and his entire family are a blessing which the Lord has graciously bestowed in my life. I continue to be thankful and humbled by the friends, and family, that the Lord has given me in Mundri.