Saturday, December 11, 2010

Hearts for Africa


I wanted to share with you a recent newspaper article highlighting the work I am doing in Sudan. It also details a lot of my past and how I landed in my current location and career choice. It was written by Ray Cooney and recently published in the Commercial Review, located in Portland, Indiana. It is a large file, so it may take a few minutes to open.

Ray originally contacted me in mid-November and asked if he could call me. A week later he called me in Sudan and we spoke for an hour! I originally thought it was going to be a small article somewhere in the back of the paper, but it was published as a large story starting on the front page and includes several pictures. Ray even contacted some of my former high school teachers, Scott Myhre, and my mother!

Ray did a great job of telling the story of how I became a Christian, how I developed an interest in missions, and how I chose Sudan as my current home.

There are some details from my high school days that he included, and I am still not sure how he secured that information (he even mentioned some things I have completely forgot about!). He must have secured a copy of my high school yearbook (though thankfully included no pictures from that era in my life!).

Overall it is a great article, and again I would like to send my sincere thanks to Ray Cooney and the Commercial Review.

2 comments:

deborah said...

That is a wonderful article, Scott. It helps me envision a little more what life is like for you there in Sudan.
Debbie Ferguson(Bethany's mom)

Heidi said...

you're totally famous. and I totally know you. :)