Thursday, March 25, 2010

Mundri, Sudan - A Pictorial Review

I've been in Mundri, Southern Sudan for one month. It has been wonderful! Truly, some of the best days of my life. I am primarily involved with language learning, culture study, and relationship building. I've been given a few months to learn Juba Arabic, and then I will start working at the local health center. I am very thankful to be here, and humbled by all that I have seen and experienced.


My Kenyan/Somali friends.
My favorite study spot - the Yei River.
Hanging out with some of my "language learning" friends.
Scott & Kenyi.
Rhoda and grandson - owner of the local parts shop.

Kayaking down the Yei river.
The local food market.
Learning some Arabic from friends at the market.

Boys who run a local shop.
My friend from the tea shop.
Mangoes abound this time of year.
Lukudo & Scott in the market.

Somalia/Kenyan friend sporting a Salva Kiir t-shirt.
The eyes of the local bread market.

Preparing cassava to sell in the market.
Local butcher shop.
Some friends from the market.
Stately grandmother, all smiles.




No comments: