Sunday, July 26, 2009

Shades Of Grey


Sometimes God’s plan is clear, but more often than not, at least for me, there is some confusion. Black and white is what I hope for, but not often what I see. I linger most often in the realm of varying shades of grey.

I don’t my mind not knowing, at least some of the time, with some things. But there are some areas in my life that I keep waiting on a burning bush, cloud of smoke, or something exotic to appear with some prophetic voice. I think I may be waiting a while.

One thing I do know for certain is that God has called me. He has called me his child; he has called me his own.

Yes, I do believe God has called me to long-term mission work, and to Uganda and Sudan, for now. But even if I never take another step in Africa, I know with complete certainty that I am God’s child, and that is all I really need to know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for that reminder. After a morning of unanswered questions, that black and white reminder was one I needed to read.
KT