Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Latest Adventure...


OK, so my next adventure has already begun. I finished my latest contract position at the end of December as a physician assistant at a community health center in Everett, WA. After much snow and airport delays, I was able to make it back to Ohio on Christmas day. I just flew back to Portland, OR today (January 13) and am currently in Salem, OR. I was hoping to get another contract in Washington or Maryland, but the company I work for has no current openings there. So I am headed to New Mexico!!! Yes, I really am going to New Mexico - who would have thought??? I'll be working on a Navajo Indian Reservation in Shiprock doing urgent care. I was hoping to start by mid-January, but once again, because of licensing issues my tentative start date is February 9. Yet again I am completely homeless and embarking on a road trip as I wait for my job to begin (this is becoming my normal plan of events!).

I will be leaving Salem January 14 or 15th and headed south to the Los Angeles area, with several stops along the way to visit family and friends (Ashland, OR; Lakeport, CA; Fresno, CA; San Luis Obispo, CA; Carpinteria, CA; Thousand Oaks, CA; Corona, CA). From southern California I will be headed to Casa Grande and Phoenix, AZ and then off to Glorieta, New Mexico and finally to Farmington, New Mexico where I will be living until mid-May. My plans for the next few weeks as to my exact whereabouts are tentative at best, but please do let me know if you live anywhere along the route I will be taking - it would be great to meet up!

I have traveled so incredibly much over the past year that I am finally starting to get a little tired and worn from all the miles logged on this ever aging body - though, I completely admit that part of me still gets extremely excited by traversing all over and visiting family and friends (maybe someday I will settle down...maybe.). This will probably be my last big road trip, as I am hoping to leave for Uganda in June. The goodbyes have already started as I know I am saying good bye to people that I will not be able to see again before I leave for Africa.

Thank you for all your prayers and support on my endless adventures. I am deeply indebted to you.

-Scott

2 comments:

Barbara Elwood said...

Scott,
I enjoy following your adventures and am excited that you plan to be in Uganda this summer.

We hope to be visiting Nathan in the summer. So, perhaps we will meet.

If you need a place to stay in New Jersey, you are always welcome.

Anonymous said...

Hey Scott!

Chrystal from roadtrip nation. We all loved that you met with one of our students in Uganda...thanks for helping make that a great experience for Sean. We are located in So. Cal if you want to see the HQ.

Best of luck in your travels!!

Chrystal