Thursday, December 25, 2008

Remembering My King


December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve – Remembering My King

I sit in the airport and stare as the holiday travelers pass me by.
I did not plan to be in PDX on Christmas Eve,
But this is where fate has taken me.
Like a present day homeless one, or carpenter man with young wife and child in womb,
I shall not sleep on a comfortable bed tonight,
There is no room.
I shall sleep in my friend’s Subaru,
Parked in the lot forlorn.
With snow around from winter’s might in the recent storm,
I shall rest my head and dwell on when Jesus was born.
I am no savior, nor angel or wise man,
But a sheep, yes I am, thinking of my Shepard – Christ came to earth as a lowly babe.
I have no gift of frankincense, gold, or myrrh,
No earthly present I can bring.
Instead I offer you my all, on this Christmas Eve,
As I lay my head to rest, may my heart be forever yours.

No comments: