Sunday, September 14, 2008

A Tribute To SAMBICA


Essays on Faith and Life #2

A Life Changing Experience

My time spent at SAMBICA Christian Camp and Conference Center was an amazing time of growth personally, professionally, and spiritually.  I became a Christian in the spring of 2000 and then worked at the camp the following three summers. The full-time staff members invested in me and helped me to invest in the lives of thousands of children.  Leading Bible studies every week for various aged kids was truly rewarding.  I had the pleasure of interacting, loving, and challenging the students while being immersed in the Word.  I love kids, and I appreciate their genuine interest and curiosity in faith related issues. At SAMBICA I felt loved by the children and also by the staff.  For the first time in my life I had several Godly men who cared for me, challenged me, and showed me what it met to be a man of faith.  I was a young Christian in 2000 when I started working at SAMBICA, making the learning curve steep and my thirst for knowledge and truth ferocious.  The feeling of working with, living with, and serving with so many people committed to loving and serving the Lord was incredible. 

http://www.sambica.com

p.s. My name "Yogger" originated at SAMBICA in 2000.  I love that name.

No comments: