Thursday, September 11, 2008

To Be A Wanderer.


"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.” JRR Tolkien

Everett, Washington. Here I am. It has been quite the journey - a process that started when I returned to the United States nearly six months ago. Though it may not be where I originally intended to be, I believe it to be the place the Lord has led me for now. And so begins the next phase of my journey.

The past four weeks have been a wonderful time of wandering, but I now find myself needing a consistent place to sleep and a community of believers and friends to engage with. After all the recent adventures and constantly living on the go, I feel a need to be more settled – at least for a little while! It has been a pleasure to visit with so many friends and family over the past few weeks, as I made my way from South Dakota to Washington. I am blessed to have a diverse cadre of people who support, challenge, and encourage me on my journey. I am beyond words for the kindness they have shown – a floor to sleep on, a meal prepared, morning coffee freshly brewed, late-night TV watching, dialoging about Africa and God’s leading in my life, ears to listen, words to refresh, kindred spirits to enlighten. God is good.

I am thankful to have finally arrived in Washington. I started my job a few days ago, and already I think my current position is going to be more challenging than I had originally thought. I expected difficult circumstances from the get go, but I pray my patience and ability to learn quickly are at an all-time high. I’ll keep you posted.

I am hoping to post some recent essays that I wrote in response to applications, readings, and future endeavors. I also hope to expound on the many adventures of the past few weeks. Thank you for your prayers – they have seen me through.

No comments: