Friday, March 28, 2008

My Whereabouts


Fort Recovery, Ohio
Volume 3, Issue I
March 28, 2008

-My Whereabouts-
…stateside happenings…

Hello faithful friends! It has been two full weeks since I have been back in the United States and things continue to speed along. I’ve been busy visiting friends and family on the east coast and Midwest. Yesterday I had the pleasure of talking with 80 8th grade students in Fort Recovery, Ohio – my childhood home where my parents still reside. It was a great opportunity and I think it went well. Any chance I have to encourage or challenge students and share the love of Jesus is always welcome. I just received a phone call this morning from the middle school, and now they want me to talk with all the 6th and 7th graders on Monday morning March 31st, and I might be speaking with all the high school students as well! God has opened doors to spread the word about the great need of Bundibugyo and create global awareness among many.

I’ve also been very blessed to help coach the local junior high and high school track teams at Fort Recovery this past week. I love track and really enjoy coaching, though I am really sore from showing the kids several hurdle drills!

The job search is continuing, but has been slightly delayed due to lack of cell phone service where my parents live. I’ve had over 50 phone calls in the past two weeks about potential jobs. Exciting but overwhelming. I am in no hurry to start a job, but right now I am only licensed in Maryland, and it may take 4-8 weeks before I could get another state license – so I need to decide on a job pretty soon in order to start by May! I am strongly hoping that I find a job that provides a wide range of activities and allows me to see patients of all ages. I am still pursuing the plan that I would like to go back to Africa in about one year from now – either to Uganda or Sudan, though I am open to other possibilities.

Once again, thank you for your prayers and support. I have been blessed immensely by friends and family that have encouraged me to follow my passions and allowed me to dream for a better and brighter future for humanity.

1 comment:

Susan said...

I am glad you are having a good time catching up with people. Hopefully you will be able to make it out to Washington sometime. I would love to get to see you again!

That's great that you are having several chances to share your story in your hometown! Let me know how it goes next week.