Thursday, April 8, 2010

Today I Sit & Pause


Below is a three part pictorial post on people of southern Sudan.

As the tenuous elections draw near, scheduled to begin April 11, I am thankful to be here, in Mundri, Sudan. I've been experiencing some significant heat/sweat rashes and other minor physical disturbances over the past two weeks, which have greatly limited my ability to move around as freely as I like. Sometimes it takes such things to slow me down, as my nature and internal structuring has a tendency to be 'out and about' at almost all times.

So today I sit, pause, and try not to scratch my skin as I flip through pictures and scour my memory in recall of local Arabic words. I enjoy the people, culture, and lifestyle of Mundri. I long for cooler weather, but am somehow content with cool water or the occasional breeze. I am longing for the rains to come soon, and with it reprieve from the barren sun shining down on me.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Scott! I so enjoyed your last few posts. I love the photos. Such stories with each face.
Hope you're feeling better soon.
God Bless,
Katie