Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Back To Africa!



After 4 months stateside, 5 formal presentations, 6 remaining presentations, 11 states visited, 12 airports seen, 14 flights taken, over 6600+ miles traveled, 100s of people visited, and uncountable mochas drunk, I am returning to Africa on March 25! Praise God from whom all blessings flow.

It has been a great time in the USA, but it has been overshadowed by ongoing conflict that erupted in South Sudan in mid-December. Please pray with me for South Sudan - the government, the various political parties, the ethnic tensions, and my local community in Mundri. And please pray that I will have a deep faith and peace that passes all understanding in all circumstances.

Western Equatoria State, where I live, has remained relatively stable during the wide spread conflict and as long as things do not get worse country wide, I am planning to be in Mundri for an indefinite period of time. I hope to write more about that soon.

I've been journaling infrequently over the past four months in the states, but hope to do a lot more in the months to come. I've recently done some creative fictional writing based on real life experiences and first hand stories, and I may post some of that in the future as well.

Thank you for your support and coveted prayers. I am not super human, but merely a man that is deeply flawed that serves a super human God.

"What a great honor it is to serve in a place such as this."

-sjw

No comments: