Wednesday, February 29, 2012

On the go...


Hello friends! Hope this message finds you enjoying a beautiful day!

Thank you for all your continued prayers and support. I just passed the two-month mark of being back in America. Two more months and I will be in Mundri, South Sudan again!!

It’s been good to be back in the USA, though challenging in many ways. I suppose I have changed and the lens in which I view the world is somehow altered. My mind lingers often to friends and life in Mundri, yet I am trying to enjoy this time in the USA as a gift – of time spent with family, friends, traveling, coffee shops, lingering conversations, hot showers, prayer, and reflection.

I spent Christmas and New Years in Ohio with my family, then I flew to Florida to spend some time with several of my aunts and uncles. It was a wonderful week full of laughter, Disney, zip lining over alligators, card playing, and general craziness! Then I took a week retreat to The Springs in southern Indiana to spend time in reflection, enjoy nature, and pause before God. From there I was off to a week in Nashville, TN where friends Scott and Mariam graciously welcomed me in and loved me well. Then back to Ohio for a few days before I ventured to Baltimore. I am currently staying with my former roommate Chosei and enjoying the city life in B-more.

Part of my reasoning to come to Baltimore was to take a review course for the physician assistant recertification exam. This exam is something every PA has to take every six years in order to maintain licensure. I am taking my exam tomorrow – March 1. Please join me in praying that it goes well!

In a few days I’ll be traveling to the Philadelphia region where I will be spending all of March. I am speaking at various churches in central and eastern Pennsylvania. I also look forward to spending time with friends scattered throughout the city, and I hope to do more professional and personal writing, and I’m excited about diving back in to learning Juba Arabic.

I plan to be back in Ohio for April, spending time with family and friends, and seeing my beautiful newborn niece that is now four days old! I’m sure I’ll be busy that month preparing for life back in South Sudan, and before I know it my departure date of April 30th will have arrived.

Thank you for your continued prayers and support. It has been a blessing and honor to travel along with you.

-Scott Will

2 comments:

The Stewarts said...

Scott,
I came across your blog via the Myhre's and I am about to start on my prerequisites in order to apply to PA school. Hope your test went well and you enjoy the rest your time home with friends and family. May God continue to guide you and encourage you and strengthen you. May you grow in his grace and holiness.

Grace and Peace,
Jeremy

Amanda said...

I found your blog randomly today and have enjoyed reading your posts. I live in Kampala and have a home for boys that used to live on the streets but am also back in the US to fundraise. I understand the mixed feelings about being back. Most days, my mind and heart is more in Uganda than here and I don't get the things that used to be so normal for me here. Good luck on your time remaining here and your future work in South Sudan. I look forward to reading your updates!

God bless!
Amanda