Saturday, June 12, 2010

THANK YOU!!!






Thank you to all those that have sent me packages and letters! When I was recently back in Bundibugyo (see post below) I was able to pick up all the packages that had arrived over the past couple months. I felt like a kid at Christmas! It was awesome!!

Some of the local kids in Uganda helped me open up the packages. It was so much fun for them, and for me, to see what was inside. Everything from toys for kids, crayons, spices, dried fruit, granola bars, stickers, Trader Joe's Peppermint O's. Wow, it was truly incredible! I even received a beautiful letter from my 84 year old grandma!!

I took the photos above as I was passing out toys from the packages to kids on the pediatric ward. It was so uplifting to see very sick kids, and their families, smile and laugh when I gave them a simple toy. Many of the mothers were especially excited when I passed out 'kid' purses to them (thank you Jayme, Stacie, Tracie, and Koesters Family!). They loved them and found them very 'fashionable' for themselves!

I can not thank you enough for your care and concern for me, the entire team in Sudan, and the local Sudanese. I am blessed to be in relationship with people here, but also people in the USA that love, care for, and support me. Please continue to pray for me as I pray for you.

At the moment I have all I need - and more! I am generously supplied with the gifts you sent me with Epaphroditus. They are a sweet-smelling sacrifice that is acceptable and pleasing to God. And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.

Now all glory to God our Father forever and ever! Amen.
-Philippians 4:18-20

1 comment:

Jaymi said...

It is good to hear that our "stuff" got to you and that it could be used. The pictures were great to show the girls that Someone else was able to enjoy their toys!